On December 10th and 11th, the SSSI had its first online internal seminar. Because of the pandemic, the planned seminar in Longyearbyen, funded by the Research Council of Norway through the Svalbard Science Forum’s funding program Svalbard Strategic Grant (SSG), has been postponed to autumn 2021. Instead, we met online for a two half-days workshop, in which old and new members got to know each other and exchange. We were in total 18 participants, and the seminar consisted of equally many presentations and several thematic discussions, out of which new collaborations are already developing.
- New article about the history of coal mining on Svalbard
- LPO & SSSI‘s focus group project featured twice in Svalbardposten
- Teknisk Etat Podcast about the LPO & SSSI focus groups project
- Exhibition: People about Longyearbyen as a physical framework
- Presentation of the focus group project at Lokalstyret meeting