30th August Dr Sam Saville presented a discussion piece on the concept of ‘overtourism’ and whether this can be observed in Longyearbyen at the Royal Geographical Society Annual Conference in London. Her slides (which also feature other SSSI members photography) and paper can be viewed on her website.
- New article about the history of coal mining on Svalbard
- LPO & SSSI‘s focus group project featured twice in Svalbardposten
- Teknisk Etat Podcast about the LPO & SSSI focus groups project
- Exhibition: People about Longyearbyen as a physical framework
- Presentation of the focus group project at Lokalstyret meeting