30th August Dr Sam Saville presented a discussion piece on the concept of ‘overtourism’ and whether this can be observed in Longyearbyen at the Royal Geographical Society Annual Conference in London. Her slides (which also feature other SSSI members photography) and paper can be viewed on her website.
- Presentation of research findings & discussion
- Focus groups on urban development in Longyearbyen
- Call for journal manuscripts for a collection of articles on „Changing Svalbard“ in Polar Record
- Longyearbyen Samfunnsdialoger / Longyearbyen Community Dialogues
- Report from the SSSI workshop at the Svalbard Science Conference 2019 in Oslo